Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I'm up against

Holy Cow!
I wonder most days how I survive. To be honest I think I function on a level that stays just in tune enough!  Being Hyper focused on Dane does me NO good! so... I let him sort many things out himself.
This has proved to be a very good educational language therapy for him!
Because his obsession right now is shopping and during the holiday season it is candles and Martinellis Sparkling cider. I am sure he is on a first name basis with his favorite companies.  So he calls the stores he wishes to carry the flavors he wants. Everyday!!!!!!  Right now he is on Bristol Farms ordering manager Dino about carrying Apple Raspberry.  Dino said he would get it for him and it would be in in a week. Dane passionately waits his week and then calls to check if its in. It's not! he calls everyday asking for Dino.. I tune in to the tone of the people answering the phone..."O it's that man again!"
i giggle...
So yesterday, I hear Dino tell him Martinellis doesn't carry it anymore and they won't be getting it. Dane questions him appropriately and then hangs up and immediately calls Martinellis!!!! He speaks with his now "friend" there and and confirms they are in fact making Apple Raspberry sparkling cider and proceeds to tell them that Dino at Bristol Farms in Manhattan Beach told him Martinellis isn't making it!  So Dane hangs up Calls Dino back and tell s him he spoke to Martinellis and they DO MAKE IT!  Dino says Yes I know I just got an email from Martinellis Informing me!  I will definitely get it for you Mr. Capo!

I lmao!!!!! does Dino know he was just reprimanded by a 17 yr old who's paper work says he's MMR!(mild to moderate retardation)  Seriously I have just started a round of Psychological educational testing and the Psychologist I chose based on a referral decided to stop the testing because he has a 3 second attention span. She then refers us to our neurologist to be put on attention meds!!!!! i say are you F****** kidding me?!!!!
his attention seems perfectly fine to me and his intelligence may not be measured on an IQ test but he is definitely not MMR!  The boy is in Gods hands for sure because he exhausts every cell in my body and I know it is not my strength that endures but my GOD's.  Jeremiah 29:11 is and will always be my prayer for Dane!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to communicate with you..my DS has been dx with HFA/ASD/ADHD..your blog speaks to me..do you have an email? also, how ironic, we both named our boys the same..sincerely, Danish's mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy my blog spoke to you. I am just doing it to work out a few things and find my creative spirit. My journey has been a VERY long and hard one as most parents with special needs kids but things have settled down a bit lately. Hang in there and keep reading.
      Much love
      kristalc94@gmail.com

      Delete